Although the digital printing method has become increasingly popular, the offset method of printing is still the standard in the book printing industry. Since the day we opened our doors, C-M Books / Cushing-Malloy has offered top quality offset book printing for not only new titles, but also for a large volume of book reprints (these are books printed multiple times for any number of years).
C-M Books / Cushing-Malloy is your short to medium run book printer. We specialize in producing approximately 300 to 50,000 copies using the offset method. We are an entirely sheet fed manufacturer (versus web fed). Because we inventory a large selection of paper types, sizes, and shades, we are able to offer very economical paper prices, which in turn keeps our customers’ costs low.
And as we all know, technologies have changed over the years. These changing technologies have certainly improved efficiencies, and helped reduce costs, all good things. But with some printers, the negatives that were made and used many years ago are obsolete, and cannot be used. Here at C-M Books / Cushing-Malloy, your negatives still have value, and can still be used to reprint titles that began their printed life many years ago.
Offset Printing Capabilities
From 150 copies to 50,000 copies
Our niche is short to medium runs.
Standard Trim Sizes:
(or any trim size between)
- 4-1/4 x 7
- 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
- 6 x 9
- 7 x 10
- 8-1/2 x 11
- Perfect (paperback)
- Smyth Sewn
- Saddle Stitch
- Case (Adhesive)
- Case (Smyth Sewn)
- Capable of printing up to 5-color covers and jackets.
- Lay-flat film lamination and press varnish available in both gloss and matte finishes.
- Spot varnish
- Foil Stamping
- Files may be submitted on a CD or DVD, on our FTP site, or via email if the files are under 5MB compressed.
- Both conventional and electronic prepress capabilities available.
- Camera-ready copy, supplied film, or electronic files (on disk) accepted.
- Barcode generation
Packaging and Mailing:
- Fulfillment - Mailing services
- Shrink wrapping
- Poly bagging